£11.00 per hour
Full time / Permanent
BIG ANT are a recruitment agency that brings personality and a fresh approach to temporary and permanent recruitment.
We currently have a Cleaner / Forklift Driver vacancy available in the area of Plympton.
This is a general labouring position in a busy engineering machine shop with duties to include the swarf removal from machine tools, cleaning machines, floor cleaning and general housekeeping. The suitable candidate would ideally have previous experience working in an engineering environment and hold both a Forklift Truck licence and a full UK driving license.
This can be a physical role, so the ideal candidate would need to favour manual work as main duties will include cleaning machinery and the factory of any debris, spillages, oils or lubricants. This can involve vigorous and repetitive movement to maintain cleanliness.
What we are looking for:
· Experience in a Cleaning position
· Experience of working in a production / manufacturing environment
· Someone who doesn't mind getting mucky at work
· Ideally, we would also like someone who is experienced in operating a floor cleaner / buffer machine
· A full driving licence to make occasional deliveries / collections
· A Forklift licence would be preferred too but training can be provided
If you fit some of this criteria, please take a look at the detail below to find out more:
- Full Time, 38 hours per week
- Monday to Friday shifts (7am-3.30pm, with an earlier finish of 1pm on a Friday)
- Overtime would be paid at £16.50 (time and a half)
The advertised salary is based upon experience and may be negotiated for the right candidate.
All cleaning products will be provided, but experience within a similar role / working environment is essential.