BIG ANT are a recruitment agency that brings personality and a fresh approach to temporary and permanent recruitment.
For us, it's all about you. Let us help you find your next job in Plymouth.
We are working with our South West based client who is looking for an experienced CompEx Electrical Field Service Technician to join their team.
The CompEx Electrical Field Service Technician role will involve attending MOD & commercial/industrial sites in the South West region as directed by your Team Manager and or service planner and to manage your day to day work loads, completing all CompEX Electrical inspections, PPM tasks and remedial works as required and directed by your team manager or have planned yourself. Completing all required reports, certificates required for the electrical tasks carried out.
• Liaise with Electrical Team Manager & customers who require service, technical support, proposal of possible new opportunities for further work.
• Update at least on a weekly basis the schedule for themselves , holidays, sickness time and send to the Electrical Team Manager on a weekly basis.
• Ensure ALL relevant paperwork is returned to the office, including work sheets and reports within a timely manner. No more than 1 week behind.
• To provide regular feedback of information within their customer base including all potential business opportunities to the Electrical Team Manager and Sales team or Service Manager.
• Undergo audits and site inspections as required by Service Manager or General Manager to improve standards at all times.
• Manage the health and safety issues related to themselves and those required by the customers sites, sub- contractors you are working with
• To ensure strict confidentiality is observed, when dealing with client information.
• Willing to undertake any other work in any other areas or activities of the business as required.
• N.V.Q Level 3 Electrical or equivalent Installation.
• Time served Apprenticeship- Essential.
• CompEx 07 & 08 desirable , but training offered to right person.
• CompEx 01 to 04 -Essential.
• Confined space - Desired.
• Working at Height - Desired.
• Clean Driving Licence - Essential
• SC, DV, DBS clearance and Clean Criminal record due nature of client and customers area of Work. Required.
• 2391 city & guilds test and inspection (or equivalent)-Essential.
• BS7671 18th edition-Essential.
• 3+ years of experience working in an industrial environment, including motors, control panels, lighting circuits, small power and containment systems. Confident in
carrying out fault finding, inspections and completing remedial works.
• IT skills Completing online electrical certification and work sheets.
• Excellent organisation skills.
• Excellent customer facing skills with a minimum of 5 years working in a customer facing environment.
• Ability to manage them self & others effectively with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Commercially astute to recognise business opportunities when they arise.
• Willingness to travel to client sites.
• Willingness to do professional development training to enhance both technical and personal skills.