To supply technical & quality support in the manufacture of Fixed Gas/Flame Detection products, components and assemblies, thereby assuring a quality product and service is supplied to our customers. The Operations Technician will also support the Service & Repair Department for operational and administrative processes.
Support Operations management & supervisory personnel in the creation and development of work procedures and standard Ops. Assist with Operative task training and supervision, while ensuring high quality standards and efficiencies are maintained. Provide first level technical response on quality concerns, performing investigations and effective corrective action. Evaluate and critique current practices, developing Continuous Improvement initiatives benefitting the Quality of products, reducing scrap and rework.
- All employees have a responsibility to comply with the Integrated Management System (IMS) and minimise any impact on the environment whilst carrying out their duties. (Do not remove)
- Trouble shoot and repair mechanical and electrical assemblies to component level.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to other personnel.
- Continually improve the setup, calibration and test procedures used within Manufacturing and Repair departments
- To be pro-active in identifying potential quality concerns and implementing robust corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence
- Assist with driving quality improvements within the plant using fact based statistical tools
- Liaise with design / production engineering for suggested continuous improvements to improve quality output.
- Analysis and assistance with scrap & rework reduction within the plant
- Advise Production Supervisor of parts shortages, quality and other production issues
- Development and processing of standard operation procedures to support assembly processes
- Contribute to the development of work instructions, batch records, equipment logs, material specifications and other device history documents.
- Comply with the Health & Safety Policy and observe all the safety rules to ensure your personal safety and the safety of others.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Follow all safety guidelines and report unsafe conditions or actions to the Production Supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as required.
At least 3 years engineering experience.
Time-served experience in an Electo-mechanical Manufacturing, Service or Repair function would be desirable.
Ability to pragmatically identify engineering problems and initiate robust corrective remedial actions.
Be a role model.
Working knowledge and ability in achieving electronics standards of work (soldering, ESD control, fundamental circuitry, fault diagnosis).
Ability to perform root cause analysis, enabling problem identification, and solving techniques.
PC skills and user knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Word.
Skill to organise personnel in the attainment of departmental objectives.
Ability to motivate.
Ability to communicate effectively and concisely at varying levels.
Self-motivated, good communicator, able to focus and support in directing a team to achieve the organisations business objectives.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org