To supply the technical & quality support in the Manufacture of Fixed Gas/Flame Detection Products, components and assemblies, thereby assuring a Quality product and service is supplied to our customers. The Operations Technician will also support other site functions for Operational and Administrative processes.
Support Operations management & supervisory personnel in the creation and development of work procedures and standard Ops. Assist with Operative task training and supervision, while ensuring high quality standards and efficiencies are maintained. Provide first level technical response on quality concerns, performing investigations and effective corrective action. Evaluate and critique current practices, developing Continuous Improvement initiatives benefitting the Quality of products, reducing scrap and rework.
- All employees have a responsibility to comply with the Integrated Management System (IMS) and minimise any impact on the environment whilst carrying out their duties.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to personnel.
- Continually improve the setup, calibration and test procedures used within Manufacturing and Repair departments.
- To be pro-active in identifying potential quality concerns and implementing robust corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Assist with driving quality improvements within the plant using fact based statistical tools.
- Drive continuous improvement through development of improved processes, fixtures , and utilising design / production engineering support.
- Analysis and assistance with scrap & rework reduction within the plant.
- Advise Production Supervisor of parts shortages, quality and other production issues.
- Development and processing of standard operation sheets to support assembly processes.
- Contribute to the development of work instructions, batch records, equipment logs, material specifications and other device history documents.
- Comply with the Health & Safety Policy and observe all the safety rules to ensure your personal safety and the safety of others.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Follow all safety guidelines and report unsafe conditions or actions to the Production Supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The tasks and responsibilities above are typical of the duties the post holder will be expected to perform. It is not necessarily exhaustive and other duties of a similar nature and level may be required from time to time.
PC skills and user knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Word.
Skill to organise personnel in the attainment of departmental objectives
Ability to motivate.
Ability to identify problems and initiate corrective remedial actions
Ability to communicate effectively and concisely at varying levels
Be a role model
Self-motivated, good communicator, able to focus and direct a team in order to achieve the organisations business objectives.
Experience in working with ERP systems would be advantageous
Experience of in-depth electronics principles would be preferred
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org